Friday, December 10, 2010

Acting gig 2

Earlier this week on Tuesday i decide to randomly call to see what kind of work they were offering for acting. Usually they try to book for the next day, so I was surprised that they were booking for Friday. I fit all the criteria and called. AND I GOT IT! I was sooo excited!

I try to call and text cynthia for the longest time but she didn't answer, turns out she was writing her paper. Well the next day she tries to get the job and she gets it. We both are excited but the night before the people call her and cancel it for her. SAD. That really sucks.

The role i played this time was a high school student.

The place was kind of far away in Tarzana. I drove there expecting traffic but there's no traffic and i get there 30mins early. We had to bring 2 whole outfits, but it is because they might have not liked what we were wearing. I even brought pants! Well i only had to change my shirt, they like magenta. Not going to lie, wearing a long sleeve tee and standing in the sun is really hot. Luckily we were just in a holding area for 30mins. We walk to a middle school. Portola middle school, oh SB.

They make us sit outside under some tents but it is still hot so they move us into some classrooms. Way better. Crazy thing is that i saw my next door neighbor, he also had this gig. We should have carpooled hahaha! So we just waited in the class room for about 2 hours then a break for lunch for an hour. Then more waiting and we finally start filming at 5pm, i got there at 12:30.

While we were in holding some girls kept singing Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" and played it on their phone. That song is so darn catchy, before you know it me and this guy kept singing it. That song kept me going while filming.

For one set they made me do a "Suicide" where i cut between the main actors and the camera. YAY! Facetime on TV! The filming took about 2.5 hours. We were all glad to get out of there. I wish they fed us after hahaha!

OHH! Also while filming this guy was walking down the hall and out the door but SMACKS into the pole in between. EVERYONE started laughing really hard but we couldn't make noise so we were all laughing silently. I started sweating because i can't release my laugher. At the time the camera was filming far away but the cameraman saw it and asked if he was okay and he was. It was just really funny.

Also i noticed out "high school" don't have fat people, that was weird.

ALSO, i got a 3rd gen ipod touch for free and that makes me excited! Too bad stuff only works with wifi but it will come in handy at comic con.

No comments: