I wake up at 4:45am get ready and drive all the way to LA. There was actually some traffic at 5:30am, crazy crazy. I drive around downtown LA at sunset, there's barely any cars and is quite beautiful. It took me a while to find the parking structure we're supposed to use. I run and go find the building I have to be in. There was lots of running. I finally found it and someone told me that i was super early, ugh.
I brought my textbook with me as a prop and to study. I try to read but i hear interesting stuff from the next table. So i join them and we all talk. There was a girl and a guy. The girl says that she gets work like 3-4 days a week. I am very impressed but she says it's because she paid for a call-in service. So she pays them like $70 a month but she gets steady work, so that's worth it. The guy is pretty new, this is his second gig. He's pretty cute too.
There are actually a lot of people at this shoot. We check-in by getting papers that pay us later. They check our wardrobe. People were pretty serious about wardrobe, a bunch of people brought suitcases with different clothes.
The production people guide us to a place where they have breakfast for us. Apparently they give us a really good breakfast. We had a lot of choices for breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patty, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, hash browns, coffee and orange juice. It was a pretty good breakfast, I was pretty nervous.
After breakfast we did a lot of waiting. I was a car person so we had to do different things. Since i had very little gas i was one of the people that was supposed to just park their car on the street. I was happy because driving in circles under someone's directions seem scary. So then we do more waiting. I talk to the guy and we're both TV fanatics. It was really fun talking to someone that's as obsessed as me about TV. If only he wasn't gay! Bummer.
They call everyone out except the parked car people. Cute gay guy was one of the drivers so i had no one to talk to. So we just wait in the room for a long time, I tried studying but the boringness was getting to me and i was getting sleepy. I figured he didn't need us anymore so I wander outside. I just decide to be a pedestrian it's not like they're going to care. They're paying me, might as well use me on the streets instead of sitting inside. So what we do is walk around. Wait, then walk some more, repeat.
It was kind of boring but then i call Cynthia and tell her about everything that happened. I looked like a real New Yorker, walking fast and talking on the phone. More realistic hahaha! Thing is that i really didn't know where the cameras, i just walked where they told me to. I also got some free coffee samples, looks really delicious.
So it's a wrap, we only actually did 2 or 3 hours of work. They told us to stay, so everyone wrapped up. I didn't get to talk or say bye to the cute gay guy :( then they said we were wrapped. We got compted for our parking. I was pretty damn tired when we left at 2:30pm.
This gig really made me want to actually do acting actively on my time off.
No comments:
Post a Comment